Frequently asked questions
WHAT IS DONE TO SHOCKS WHEN REBUILT?
WHAT IS A HEAVY DUTY SHOCK?
- Externally cleaned to bare metal
- Main shaft is machined, oversized bushings installed in housing
- Pistons and valving rebuilt
- All new seals and gaskets
- When done placed on our testing machine to be sure they come up to pressure on jounce and rebound
- Final calibration if needed is done at this time
- Painted with a gun metal gray primer, you may paint coat color over it
WHAT DO I LEAVE ON SHOCKS BEFORE SHIPPING TO APPLE?
- Larger bronze bushings where main shaft rides
- Valve body modified to make it stronger
- 30% stiffer than standard shock but will last much longer
- 2 year unlimited mileage warranty
DO YOU HAVE REBUILD KITS FOR SHOCKS?
- Leave the arms on but remove the links (a link connects the arm to the suspension). Leave the links on if you want them rebuilt
WHAT DO YOU DO TO REBUILD CARBURETORS?
- No rebuild kits for shocks, our seals will not fit a stock shock because we remachine the housing and shaft during the rebuilding process
WHAT DO I LEAVE OFF CARBURETORS BEFORE SHIPPING TO APPLE?
- Carbs are completely disassembled and cleaned. Housings rebushed, new throttle shafts, new jets, needles, and float valves. All new gaskets and O rings. Individually flow bench tested.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RESLEEVING AND REBUILDING A BRAKE CYLINDER?
- Do not send:
HOW DO I SHIP?
- Resleeving is resleeving only: send empty housing and we will clean it, resleeve it,and return ready for reassembly
- Rebuilding is complete rebuilding including resleeving: send cylinder as it comes off the car and receive it ready to go back on the car
HOW DO I PAY?
- Pack securely in cardboard box
- Put letter of instructions with return address and phone number inside
- Use carrier of your choice
HOW LONG TO REBUILD MY PARTS?
- Enclose your Mastercard or Visa number and expiration date in the box
- Enclose a check in the box
- We can send back to you COD
- Most items will be rebuilt in 5 days or less
Home | Shocks | Brakes | Carbs | Your Car | Ordering | FAQ | More... | Site Map | New
Apple Hydraulics, 1610 Middle Road, Calverton, NY 11933
Voice: 800-882-7753, 631-369-9515, Fax: 631-369-9516
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | home page: www.applehydraulics.com
The Apple Hydraulics web site, its graphics and text are ©1998-2015 Apple Hydraulics, Inc. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be copied or transmitted, electronically or otherwise without the express written permission of Apple Hydraulics. All prices indicated on this site are subject to change without notice.